I finished my Ascend quilt officially on New Year’s Day. I had been waiting for a specific fabric I wanted to use for the binding, but I actually finished the piecing and the quilting in September. Even though this quilt was a lot of work to put together with all the 2.5″ strips I absolutely love how it went together!
I followed the inspiration of the pattern and quilted each section with a unique pattern. It was actually pretty fun doing this! I got to try different things in manageable areas. I love that I have all kinds of Aurifil and I used a colour for each section and another to match the backing.
I was hoping to finding binding that would exactly match the brown sections but unfortunately the fabric I was able to get was a shade lighter. In the end I still really think the lighter shade worked just as well.
Of course you know that I pieced my backing. I used minky (which you may have also noticed that I love!).
So here you have it! The final product! For the next year it will be on display at my LQS, Sew Many Treasures. After that, who knows where this quilt will find a home… Perhaps on my lovely new quilt rack that I got from my sister for Christmas! It was such a great gift!